Permanent Position: Front-end / UI Developer
Salary: Competitive up to £45K DOE + annual company/performance bonus
Location: Central Bristol (BS1 3AE)
Benefits: Flexible working, relaxed office environment, generous holiday allowance and training budgets, company bonus and pension schemes, free staff events, onsite free gym, secure cycle parking, hot showers + great people to work with!
We are an established software development company with a growing presence in the Membership and Charity sector. We are a really talented and motivated team that’s focused on bringing change to the not-for-profit sector.
You’ll helps us produce great quality front-end code. Working collaboratively with our development and upstream teams, you’ll help specify and create solutions for our clients that follow the best practices in usability, accessibility and front-end development. We expect someone with solid technical development skills and a flair for creativity—with a range of experience producing websites, applications or software projects—who is able to weave production-ready, responsive templates ready for implementation by the backend team.
You’ll be joining our small team of existing front-end developers to work on a variety of consumer-facing apps and websites for brands large and small. Felinesoft is a flat hierarchy, collaborative environment and we’d love for someone to join us who is comfortable sharing their experiences, managing their own time and directing their own professional development.
Essential skills and experience
- Skill writing semantic, accessible and inclusive HTML and CSS/Sass.
- Excellence producing cross-browser, responsive layouts using progressive enhancement techniques.
- Experience using build tools (we mainly use Gulp).
- Experience developing templates for content management systems, particularly Umbraco.
- Ability to develop thoughtful and elegant user interfaces extrapolated from user requirements and wireframes.
- Great time management and self-management skills.
- Collaborative team player; with excellent communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience using Git version control.
- Experience developing large-scale design systems.
- Skills relating to user interface (UI), user experience (UX) or graphic design.
- An understanding of PHP, Java or C# is advantageous but not required.
- Familiarity using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS) is beneficial.
Before applying please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Once you are ready to apply click here.
Strictly no unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies.