Permanent position: Designer
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum DOE
Location: Central Bristol (BS1 3AE)
Benefits: Flexible working environment, generous holiday allowance, discretionary annual company bonus, pension, free staff events, no dress code, onsite free gym, secure cycle parking, hot showers + nice people to work with!
Are you an experienced and talented UI Designer looking for an exciting new opportunity? Then come and join Felinesoft as our lead in-house UI Designer, where you’ll be creating beautiful website and mobile apps that are intuitive, frictionless and based around integrated design solutions.
As our UI Designer you’ll be running the design process from start to finish, leading workshops with clients to establish digital essence of the brand, and developing ideas for new concepts based on user research and business goals. Iteratively improving styles and layouts based on feedback and user testing.
As part of our Upstream team of specialist UX Designers and Business Analysts, you will be creating high quality concept designs from wireframes and UI tool kits for our Front-End developers to bring to life in HTML component libraries.
You will also work with our Marketing Manager and Head of New Business to create internal documents and design concepts for pitches. Experience with pitches and presentations is helpful, but you won’t be expected to lead these as the team will be supporting you.
We work with a range of interesting clients, such as Macmillan Cancer Support, The Royal Society of Medicine, The Kennel Club, Consol and NorthRow. Many of our clients are from the Not-for Profit and Membership sectors, but not solely. For example, Consol run a network of automated walk-in spas across the UK, and we created a Right to Work app for NorthRow.
Felinesoft has a self-organising, collaborative working environment and we’d love for someone to join us who is comfortable sharing their experiences, managing their own time and directing their own professional development. The team is keen to learn and to share their knowledge. As part of the UI/UX team you will also participate in conceptual design studio sessions run by the UX Designer, bringing the perspective of UI standards and trends to the table.
Essential skills and experience
- 2+ years’ proven experience working as a UI Designer
- Familiar with Visual-oriented design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience of designing cross-disciplinary design fundamentals
- Graphic design and illustration experience
- Established portfolio of design projects
- Understanding of brand principles
- Passion for user interface design
- Excellent creative design skills
- Collaborative team worker
- Keen eye for detail
Nice to haves
- Similar experience in a web/software company
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Animation or motion graphics knowledge
- Qualification in a relevant subject
Before applying please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
When you are ready to apply click here.
Strictly no unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies please.