Permanent position: Business Analyst
Salary: £25,000 to £40,000 per annum DOE
Location: Central Bristol (BS1 2NT)
Benefits: Flexible working environment, generous holiday allowance, discretionary annual company bonus, pension, free staff events, no dress code, onsite free gym, secure cycle parking, hot showers + nice people to work with!
Felinesoft is looking for a Business Analyst to work as part of our Upstream team and working closely with our Technical teams, to ensure successful project delivery on a variety of small to large bespoke website and software projects. Most likely working on more than one project at a time, you will have the opportunity to grow your skill set on a range of exciting projects in a dynamic, growing software house.
There will be occasional travel off-site to visit clients and other key stakeholders, though travel will be kept to a minimum where possible.
The Business Analyst’s job will sometimes be focused on several systems and integrating those systems to deliver maximum efficiency and business value. When working on multiple systems you will need to consider information flow and data requirements, as well as make strategic decisions about what functionality belongs inside what system.
- Requirements gathering /elicitation process, conducting stakeholder interviews, navigating the competing needs of multiple stakeholder groups, and defining an end-to-end business process that is accepted by all groups
- Mapping out the epics, features and user stories for one or more systems to support these needs and processes; creating process diagrams as well as wire framing and user journey planning
- Performing feasibility analysis, scoping projects, and working with the development team to prioritize deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities
- Creating detailed Business Requirements Documentation (BRD) and translating it into user stories and information architecture
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) walk throughs, demos and assisting with Functionality Testing
- Creating and managing user stories in coordination with software development teams
- Guiding the development team on a day to day basis with regard to the interpretation of user stories
We're looking for someone with
- A good technical understanding of website and software development
- Experience of business and/or data analysis
- Great attention to detail when writing and maintaining documentation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident client-facing and presentational skills
- Good analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Experience or knowledge of user testing
Nice to have skills or experience
- Skills in facilitation, prioritization, and scope management
- Software/ website development background
- Database design background
- Project Management experience, especially in agile
- Working knowledge of UML
- Working knowledge of Azure (or omnigraph) and Visio
- Fast learner with an ability to pick up or self-teach new software tools
- Self-confident with excellent communication skills
- Good team player
***24th July 2020 - we are screening applications made up until this date only. If you wish to apply after this date, we will hold onto your application and review should we be unsuccessful in finding the right candidate from current applications***
Felinesoft is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and we value diversity in our workplace. If you're disabled and require any reasonable adjustments, please contact email@example.com or call 0117 325 1902 and ask for HR.
Strictly no unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies.